Energy: Renewable energy, Integrated Energy Planning, Conservation of Terrestrial and Aquatic ecosystems, Biodiversity-Ecology-Hydrology linkages, Ecological modelling, Wetlands, Soil and Water Pollution, Bioremediation, Municipal Solid Waste Management, Environment Impact Assessment(EIA),Cumulative Environmental Impact Assessment GIS and remote sensing, Digital Image Processing, Environment Education, Distance education Urban sprawl: Pattern recognition, modelling
Publications Ramachandra, T.V., Bharath, S., Subash Chandran, M.D., Joshi N V., (2018). Salient Ecological Sensitive Regions of Central Western Ghats, India, Earth Systems and Environment https://doi.org/10.1007/s41748-018-0040-3. Ramachandra T. V. and Bharath S., (2018). Geoinformatics based Valuation of Forest Landscape Dynamics in Central Western Ghats, India, J Remote Sensing &GIS 2018, 7:1, DOI: 10.4172/2469-4134.1000227. Ramachandra, T.V., Gouri, K., Vishnu, B., Bharath, H. A., Han, S.S., (2018). Municipal Solid Waste: Generation, Composition and GHG Emissions in Bangalore, India, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,82 (1: 2018) 1122–1136, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.09.085. Ramachandra T.V., Sudarshan P.B., Mahesh M.K., Vinay S., (2018). Spatial patterns of heavy metal accumulation in sediments and macrophytes of Bellandur wetland, Bangalore, Journal of Environmental Management,Volume 206:1204-1210,ISSN 0301-4797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.10.014. Ramachandra T.V., Setturu Bharath, Nimish Gupta,(2018). Modelling landscape dynamics with LST in protected areas of Western Ghats, Karnataka, Journal of Environmental Management, 206:1253-1262, ISSN 0301-4797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.08.001. Ramachandra T.V., Vinay S., Subash Chandran M.D., (2018). Quantification of annual sediment deposits for sustainable sand management in Aghanashini river estuary, Journal of Environmental Management, 206: 1263-1273,ISSN 0301-4797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.07.060. Ramachandra T V, (2018). Efficient energy consumption and economic growth, Electrical India, 58 (1): 30-33. Ramachandra T. V., Bharath Setturu and Vinay S., (2018). Ecological Sustainability of Riverine Ecosystems in Central Western Ghats, J Biodiversity, 9(1-2): 25-42 (2018) DOI: 11.258359/KRE-159. Bharath H. Aithal, Vinay S., Ramachandra T. V., (2018). Simulating urban growth by two state modelling and connected network, Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40808-018-0506-1. BharathH.A. , VinayS. , Chandan M.C. , Gouri B.A., Ramachandra T.V., (2018). Green to gray: Silicon Valley of India, Journal of Environmental Management, Volume 206:1287-1295, ISSN 0301-4797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.06.072. Durga Madhab Mahapatra, Joshi N.V., Ramachandra T.V., (2018). Insights to bioprocess and treatment competence of urban wetlands,Journal of Environmental Management,Volume 206: 1179-1191, ISSN 0301-4797, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.10.054. Moonmoon Hiloidhari, Kathleen AraÃºjo, Shilpi Kumari, D.C. Baruah, T.V. Ramachandra, Rupam Kataki, I.S. Thakur, (2018). Bioelectricity from sugarcane bagasse co-generation in Indiaâ€’An assessment of resource potential, policies and market mobilization opportunities for the case of Uttar Pradesh, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 182:1012-1023,ISSN 0959-6526, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.02.087. Books Ramachandra T V, Subash Chandran M D, Joshi N V, Bharath H A, Bharath S, Vinay S, (2017). Energy, Ecology and Environment, Alva’s Publishers, Moodbidri and EWRG, IISc, Bangalore. Ramachandra T V, M D Subash Chandran, Joshi N V, (2017). Carrying capacity of Uttara Kannada district (in Kannada), Sri Bagvatsad Publications ®, Sri Sonda Swarnavalli Mahasamsthana, Sirsi 581336. Chapter in a Book Ramachandra T. V., Durga Madhab Mahapatra, Sudarshan P. Bhat and Joshi N. V., (2016). Biofuel Production along with Remediation of Sewage Water through Algae, Algae and Environmental Sustainability (eds: Bhaskar Singh, Kuldeep Bauddh, Faizal Bux), Volume 7 of the series Developments in Applied Phycology pp 33-51. Ramachandra T.V., Subash Chandran M.D., Joshi N.V., and Boominathan, (2015). Sustainability of livelihood resources in Central west coast, Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, India, Chapter 15, Section V, In Traditional Environmental Knowledge and biodiversity, Pati R N, Shkla S, Chanza L (Eds.), Sarup Book Publishers Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, Pp397-415. Ramachandra T.V., Subash Chandran M.D., Rao G R, Vishnu D. Mukri and Joshi N.V., (2015). Floristic diversity in Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, Chapter 1, In Biodiversity in India-Vol. 8, Pullaiah and Sandhya Rani (Eds), Regency publications, New Delhi, Pp 1-87. Ramachandra T V and Durga Madhab Mahapatra, (2015). The Science of Carbon Footprint Assessment, Chapter 1, In The Carbon Footprint Handbook, Subramanian S. Kannan Muthu (Eds.), CRC Press (Taylor and Francis), Pp 3-44. Ramachandra T V, Subash Chandran M.D., Joshi N V, Karthick B and Vishnu D. Mukri, (2015). Ecohydrology of Lotic Ecosystems of Uttara Kannada, Central Western Ghats, In: Ramkumar, M., Kumaraswamy, K. and Mohanraj, R. (Eds.). Environmental management of River Basin ecosystems, Springer Earth System Sciences, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-13425-3_29.
1. Karnataka Parisara Award (KARNATAKA STATE ENVIRONMENT AWARD), 2017-18, Government of Karnataka
2. Asia Subcontinent Region Energy Engineer (Thrice): 2018, 2014, 2000, AEE, USA
3. Namma Begalurean (OUR BANGALOREAN), 2016 (Namma Bangalore Foundation, Bangalore)
4. Citizen Extraordinaire Award [Rotary Exemplars 2017], Rotary Club, Bangalore
5. Energy Professional Development Award for 2015 for the Asia Subcontinent region, Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), USA
6. 2015, Best paper award [U. Kumar, C. Mukhopadhyay and T. V. Ramachandra, 2014. Cellular Automata Calibration Model to Capture Urban Growth. Boletín Geológico y Minero, 125 (3): 285-299 [Best Paper Award, Boletín Geológico y Minero]
7. Legend in Energy, The Association of Energy Engineers (USA), 2011
8. Inclusion in Biofuels Hall of Fame 2011 proceedings, www.greenworldconferences.com, Publication - Ramachandra, T.V., D.M. Mahapatra, Karthick B. and R. Gordon, 2009. Milking diatoms for sustainable energy: biochemical engineering vs gasoline secreting diatom solar panels. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 48(19, Complex Materials II special issue, October).
9. International Energy Engineer, 2009, The Association of Energy Engineers (USA), India Chapter
10. Prof. Satish Dhawan Young Engineer Award, 2007. Karnataka State Government
11. Johny biosphere award for Ecology and Environment, 2004
12. Global Bangemann Diploma in Information Technology 1999.
13. Senior Member, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, INC. (IEEE),2000
14. Senior Member (Life), The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), 2000
15. Senior Member Association of Computer Electronics and Electrical Engineers
16. Fellow, National Academy of Social Sciences, 2016
17. Fellow National Institute of Ecology, 2011
18. Fellow, The Society of Earth Scientists, 2009
19. Fellow Indian Association of Hydrologists (India), 2006
20. Fellow The Institution of Electrical Engineers (UK), 2005
21. Fellow The Institution of Engineers (India), 2003
22. Fellow National Environmental Science Academy, 2001