The objectives of wetlands research are to,
- Investigate levels and source of anthropogenic stress.
- Analyse the spatial and temporal changes of water bodies.
- Interconnectivity analysis of drainage network to assess the extent of loss in Bangalore urban district, due to anthropogenic stresses and its impacts.
- Assess the status of waterbodies in Bangalore by analysing the physico-chemical characterisation of selected waterbodies of Bangalore.
- Identify major pollution problems of wetlands in Bangalore.
- Suggest suitable measures for restoration, conservation and management.